Or should I call it my husband's birthday cake… I really wanted to make cake for his b’day since so many years and finally I did happy mee.. :) well as this area is new to us so it was difficult to find the ingredients but he(Vikas) was really sweet to get every thing for me…
Well initially the plan was to make Chocolate Cake but we couldn’t find coco powder so I made Choco Chip cake using the cooking chocolate which my supeeeeerrrr sweet brother-in law bought for me…. :)
|Cooking Butter: 125gms |
Flour: 1 1/2 Cups
Condensed Milk: 100 ml
Powdered Sugar: 3/4 cup + 4 tbsp
Water: 1/2 cup
|Baking Powder: 1 Tsp|
Coke: 300 ml
Amul Cream: 400 ml
Choco Chips: 1/2 cup
Sugar Dots: to garnish
- Mix condensed milk and sugar 3/4 cup properly then add cooking butter (butter should be soft) and whip till light and fluffy.
- Chop Chocolate into small pieces or one can use ready made choco chips.
- Add choco chips to the butter mixture.
- Swift flour and baking powder together and add this to the wet mixture and mix very slowly, add coke to it taking care that the cake batter is neither very thick nor very runny.
- Meanwhile pre heat the oven at 250 c for 10 mins and grease a thin flat baking tray “because of using tray instead of mould, cake will be cooked in very less time”
- Pour the batter in the tray and bake this for 10 mins at 220 c and check if its cooked by inserting a knife into it or else cook for 5 mins more..
- Once the cake is cooked let it cool down and meanwhile whip the chilled cream till hard peaks in a bowl keeping ice under the bowl *other wise it will turn into butter.
- Slice the cake into 2-3 slices depending upon the shape of cake you want..
- Dissolve 4 Tbsp sugar in water and sprinkle it over one slice of cake to make it soft the spread whipped cream over it generously, keep the other layer over it and repeat the procedure till last layer of cake.
- Once you have kept the final layer cover the whole cake with cream and garnish with sugar dots.
- And your cake is ready… hufffff… :)